Vastu & Feng Shui 7 vastu tips for correct placement of shoes in the house
Text: Rashi Gaur
Shoes belong to the earth category. Hence it is vital to ensure that the height of the shoe cabinet does not exceed one third of the height of the floor-to- ceiling. Keep it low else high cupboards used to store shoes can interfere with the health of the family members.
- Do not place shoe racks at the entrance because it is the doorway to prosperity and good vibes. If restricted by shoes or clutter created by shoes, it can interfere with good energies entering the house. If there is really no option, place the shoe rack outside the door rather than inside.
- The zones that are alright for shoe racks and cupboards are South West and West. Avoid North, North East and East zones.
- Try not to keep shoes in the bedroom. Sometimes the negativity arising from them can be so intense that it can even lead to a troubled marriage.
- Do not keep the shoe rack in the kitchen or too close to the prayer room. Keeping shoes in the kitchen will eventually lead to poor health, and if it is too close to the poor room, it shows complete lack of respect to the altar.
- Do not allow family members to leave the shoes around the house in an orderly fashion. This can lead to feuds.
- Closed cabinets and racks are much better than open shoe shelves as closed cabinets do not allow negativity to spread.
- Ensure that shoes are always kept clean and wiped of any dirt before they are placed back inside again. Keep the shoe rack always organized. A little effort on an ongoing basis can help to keep negativity at bay in the long run.