Vastu & Feng Shui 7 dos and don’ts for pictorial embellishments in a house
Anchor: Priya Arya
We all hang portraits and pictures on our walls. But did you know these emit energy – both good and bad – depending on their content and placement. Expert Abhishek Shukla gives you simple dos and don’ts to help you do away with negativity connected to images.
- Avoid hanging war scenes or imagery that involves violence. This alters human behavior in a negative way.
- Images showing powerful predators depict wildness and bring a violent approach in the nature of people living in the house.
- Hang an image of big mountain or a heavy-looking picture on the walls to the South West.
- Family pictures can go on the East and South West direction of the house.
- If your child idolizes someone with good personal traits, keep their photograph in his/her room. This will serve as a great inspiration for your child.
- Water elements such as a lake or a river should go on the North East side, while waterfalls and natural scenery could go on the northwest side.
- Place the pictures of deceased family members on the South wall. This is considered as a blessing to the house.